The Auralnauts have just put up a video of several scenes from the original Star Wars movie with R2-D2 having the ability to speak in words instead of just beeps and whistles. It really adds a charming new spin to the forty-year-old movie.
EDIT: Youtube took the video down due to a false copyright claim against the Auralnauts, but you can still see the video on Facebook:
I am so tempted to buy an R2-D2 Wireless Webcam…
- Access R2-D2 Webcam from anywhere in the world using Skype software.
- Full-function: Forward, reverse, turn 360 degrees. Lens has a 62-degree vertical adjustment.
- Record and playback digital movies (video only) and snapshots
- 2.0 zoom lens with 628×582 pixel resolution.
- Lightsaber-style IP phone with stand. Has original movie sound effects and controls movement of R2-D2.
- Lightsaber VoIP/USB Phone allows you to make calls using Skype software.
- Control the R2-D2 webcam from anywhere in the world!
- 14-day battery life in standby mode
Someone give me permission to drop $400 for this thing. I could so use this to spy on my rabbits when I’m away from home.